It’s the update many players have been calling for from the start
In its Weekly Update this week, developer Bungie detailed the upcoming changes to bounties and quests, revealing a dramatic overhaul to the tasks. First of all, The Taken King’s creative director Luke Smith stated that the studio is making the expansion’s new quests more in line with the base game’s Exotic Bounties. These bounties are multi-step, difficult challenges that rewarded players with Exotic weapons upon completion. Destiny power leveling can get the Exotic weapons.
This weekend there was a perfect storm of events that led me to a situation I rarely find myself in. With no wife around, and no friends in town, I had quite literally nothing to do for two days other than try and be productive by reading, writing, or working out.
Or rather, I played Destiny the way it was meant to be played. With other people. With a headset. Doing high level content. Destiny power levling can raise the level of your.
It’s that wonderful time when Bungie’s rotating selection of high-reward activities are rebooted (along with any raid progress made in the previous week), giving everyone a fresh chance at scoring some of the game’s sweetest and rarest loot.
Are you new to Destiny? Don’t know what any of this means? Good news. There’s a Destiny wiki that’s packed with information. Click for details on what Strikes are, and how Nightfall differs from Weekly Heroic challenges.
The House of Wolves add-on also adds a new weekly wrinkle, in the form of Prison of Elders. The multi-round gauntlets are built for endgame play, with the specific enemy types and modifiers changing from week to week.
Here’s a rundown of what’s happening this week:
Nightfall (The Nexus)
- Epic – This is a standard Nightfall modifier. It just means there are more enemies to fight, and a greater number of Majors (the yellow health bar dudes) on the field.
- Nightfall – Another standard Nightfall modifier. This one boots the entire Fireteam back to orbit if everyone is downed inside one of the revive-only respawn Darkness Zones.
- Angry – Enemies can’t be staggered.
- Brawler – Guardian melee attack do increased damage.
- Grounded – Guardians take increased damage when in the air.